- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-small-business.html
- US Chamber of Commerce: https://www.uschamber.com/article/state-by-state-business-reopening-guidance
- OSHA: https://www.osha.gov/stateplans/mi
- National Retailers Federation: https://nrf.com/video/what-retailers-need-know-about-covid-19
- SBAM: https://www.sbam.org/Portals/0/20200424%20Retail%20health%20practices%20vFinal.pdf
- State of Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-529860--,00.html
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan:
- Owners Plan: Establish virus response plan – in the event of a suspected positive case within our staff or a customer visit: all staff will be notified, and quarantined if direct contact was made; store will be closed and thoroughly sanitized before reopening; Person of contact: Owner, Nicole Medich
- Facility Entry Protocols: Staff is instructed to self monitor with daily temperature checks and report any illness or temperatures. If sick, employee is required to stay home. Signs will be posted instructing customers that they are not allowed to enter if they have any symptoms of illness.
- PPE Requirements:
- All staff are required to wear PPE face coverings. All staff have been provided with a reusable face covering (in their locker). Staff is required to wear face coverings when customers are in the store and when within 6’ proximity of other staff members. Hand sanitizer is provided for all staff at each POS and in the back room.
- All Customers are required to wear face coverings to enter the store. Should a customer arrive without face coverings, we will provide a disposable face mask for use while in the store. Should the customer refuse to wear a face mask, we will refuse entry into the store. Hand Sanitizer is provided for customer use at the front of store and signage will ask customers to sanitize their hands upon entry and exit of store. Customers will be asked to leave their mask on while trying on clothes.
- Staffing is limited to not more than 3 employees per shift: 1 employee assisting customers at store entry; 1 employee assisting customer throughout Eclections; 1 employee assisting customer at checkout at Nick + Crew. Store hours are shortened to 10-6 or 10-5 daily (now closed Sunday). There will not be any shift overlap. Shifts will run the entire day or 10-2/2-6. If you have a 2:00, please do not arrive more than 5min prior to your start time to limit interaction and overlap. Please proceed directly to the backroom/locker area and wait for shift change to enter the selling floor.
- Customers will be limited to not more than 7 customers in the store at one time. Customers can prearrange a shopping time to ensure entry into the store without waiting. Additionally, customers can arrive at the store for a “Walk-In” appointment. However, priority will be given to customers that have an appointment. If store is at customer capacity, customers wishing to enter will be asked to wait in their car and will be texted when it is there turn to enter. To minimize congestion, the Eclections doors will be the designated Store ENTERANCE for both Eclections and Nick + Crew and the Nick + Crew door will be the designated store EXIT for both stores. Signs will be posted reminding customers to maintain at least 6’ spacing; that we will allow only one customer per clothing rack or at any display table. Primary store check-out will be at Nick + Crew to facilitate store flow. Blue Xs have been placed on the floor at both registers indicating the location customers should stand, as well as spaces for customers waiting to check out. “Spray” shields have been hung above each POS station. Register #2 will not be used for customer transaction, instead ONLY for fulfilling online orders.
- Alex and Ani – Only one customer at a time will be allowed at the Alex and Ani Counter. Should additional customers need to access Alex and Ani, we will ask them to browse in the store and we will call their name when it is their turn. “Spray” shields have been placed at ½ of the Alex and Ani counter. Customer are asked via floor markings, to stand at that point and we will bring the bracelets to them. Should they want to move to the other display, staff member is instructed to wait behind the spray shield.
- Brighton Charms- Customers wishing to shop Brighton Charms will do so on their own. Staff will ask them to move to a distance greater than 6’, staff will then open the charm drawers, then allow customers to shop the charms. Once finished, customers will be asked to leave charms on the extending tray and move to a distance greater than 6’ and staff member will gather POS data and the charms.
- Footwear- Customers needing assistance with shoes located in the backroom, staff member will get the requested shoes, and place in front of a chair, then stand back at least 6’ while the customer tries on shoes.
- Fitting Rooms – Due to the layout and full wall partition of the men’s fitting room, both fitting rooms can be in use at the same time (we will allow women to use these at this time). Only two women’s fitting rooms can be at use at one time and that will be on a diagonal nature. All fitting rooms will have a RED/GREEN card attached to the “doorway” of each fitting room. When a customer enters the fitting room, staff will flip the card to RED. After the customer has exited the fitting room and the room has been sprayed with Lysol, then the card can be flipped back to GREEN. Only GREEN fitting rooms are open for customer use.
- Curbside: Via Email and Facebook customers will continue to be encouraged to limit interactions by shopping online with curbside pick-up.
- Limit Movement Throughout Store: Staff is instructed to limit customer movement throughout the store as much as possible by asking customers to wait at a designated spot and staff will gather and bring merchandise to customers for viewing
- Deliveries: All deliveries will resume to being delivered to the back room with instructions to delivery drivers to not enter the store for signatures unless they are wearing a mask.
- Vulnerable Population: Set hours will not be set aside, however, the store will be closed to additional patrons for any person wishing to schedule a private shopping time due to any reason. Those appointments will be limited to 1 hour at time of scheduling, it is encourage to gather as much information as possible regarding their shopping needs, as staff can “pre-shop” and offer suggestions when customer arrives.
- Cleaning- May 25th the store was cleaned and sanitized using Lysol, Clorox and Microsure Disinfectant. Daily, prior to opening store, all door handles, light switches and high contact surfaces will be wiped clean. During the day, store will continue to be wiped down at high contact points, i.e. door handles, etc…
- Restrooms will still be accessible to customers but the restroom nearest fitting rooms will be designated EMPLOYEE RESTROOM and the restroom nearest the stairway will be designated CUSTOMER RESTROOM. Cleaning materials will be left in the fitting rooms and we will ask that staff and customers wipe down surfaces after (or before) use. Additionally, fitting rooms will be cleaned daily prior to store opening.
- Fitting Rooms: All fitting rooms will have a RED/GREEN card attached to the “doorway” of each fitting room. When a customer enters the fitting room, staff will flip the card to RED. After the customer has exited the fitting room and the room has been sprayed with Lysol, then the card can be flipped back to GREEN. Only GREEN fitting rooms are open for customer use.
- Clothing: Via signage and staff directive, customers will be asked to return all tried clothing to a rack located in the hallway outside of fitting rooms. Staff will steam clothing afterwards to provide a sanitation process. The same process will be used for any clothing returned by customers.
- Credit Card Terminal: Signs have been posted on credit card terminals instructing customer to “Insert card but please do not touch machine, we will assist you, thanks” After a customer insert their card into the terminal, should the terminal ask for a pin, staff is instructed to select “Skip Pin Entry” on the terminal and process all transaction as credit. This will prevent customers from touching the credit card terminals. Should a customer touch the terminal, Clorox wipes are at each POS station to wiped down terminal. Hand sanitizer is provided at each POS to use after all cash transactions.
- Drinking Fountains are closed at this time. Coffee and water service are also discontinued at this time. Should a customer request water, we have a limited supply of water in the back room. Bottled water will not be self serve to customers.
- Phones: Each staff member will select a phone handset as “their” phone for the shift. Phone handsets will not be transferred between staff members as phone calls can be answered from all handsets. At the end of shift, wipe the phone down with cleaner prior to returning to phone cradle.
According to the CDC:
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- Wash hands often
- Avoid Close Contact – Staying 6’ apart
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others; The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Cover Cough & Sneezes
- Clean and disinfect
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfacesdaily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them. Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Then, use a household disinfectant. Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work.
- Monitor Your Health
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptomsof COVID-19.
Take your temperature if symptoms develop.
- Don’t take your temperature within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could lower your temperature, like acetaminophen.